Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Joining "Wear a Dress Tuesday"

So, I like to read what my friends read out here on the Internet. I mean, some of the BEST blogs I read are gems that I stumbled on! So, every once in a while I check out the people who follow this blog and see what they (YOU) are reading!

My SIL/friend has been blogging and reading blogs for a long time and I joined her in this Internet world several years ago. When I was active on Xanga, many of her blogging friends became MY blogging friends. She has really good taste in what to read! So, when I saw she was following a blog called The Strength of Faith, I knew it had to be good.

I read through some of the blogs about a young woman who is working as a Chaplain Intern at a trauma center in Atlanta. Wow. What an amazing job. Then I noticed this button on the side of her page, and I clicked it and it took me here to explain her movement to encourage women to wear a dress on Tuesdays. What an idea! Really? Yup. I am ALL over this. I immediately passed the link to one of my best friends who has really been struggling over the last year and I said we HAD to do this. You know what? It didn't change the world... it didn't bring me more money... it didn't make me popular. But it did ONE thing. It lifted MY spirits and I knew that there were other women who needed encouragement and strength that were all joining together for Wear a Dress Tuesdays. My best friend here at my new job in Southern Mississippi just HAPPENED to wear a dress last Tuesday, and when I shared the idea with her, she jumped in- she has an all or nothing attitude that I LOVE. Our daughters are in dresses, we are in dresses and we are telling all the women that we work with- ITS WEAR A DRESS TUESDAY! (Yes... later I will post a picture....)

I think its a wonderful thing! And if you can't wear a dress due to your work requirements, then wear one AFTER work. You will be glad you did!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Thanks for the link to your blog. I'll update mine tonight with all of the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete