Friday, July 23, 2010

Proper Mommy attire.

This post is going to take away from the usually blogs about our wonderful Superstar Cortlyn, and be a little more personal. I'm hoping to sprinkle the musing about our family life with some other stories from my day to day life.

Today, we will again return to the water and to the swim lessons. As I said before, Cortlyn has been taking Mommy and Me swim lessons and there were two other Mommy and Me Couples. T & K's mommies were nice women and our daughters were close to the same age.

Now, you have to understand. I'm living in a little Deniallandtopia. I have gained a few pounds since moving to Southern Mississippi. I credit that to Cortlyn weaning and from being slightly depressed about leaving all of my friends behind in Georgia- but mostly, I think that my clothes all shrunk in this Mississippi water. Therefore, I'd like to think that the fact that my pants no longer fit is because they have shrank and not that I have actually eaten too many burgers... or nachos... or ice cream. I know I'm out of shape, but I like to pretend that I'm still the same girl I was a year ago. And I'd like to be able to BE that girl without having to diet or exercise. Thankyouverymuch!

Back to our story. The first two days of the class, all three of the mommies wore tankini's. I felt confident standing next to these women, because, well, in Deniallandtopia, we all looked the same. Until day three. On day three, K's mommy wore a two piece that while not a bikini, was showing more of her mid drift than I was. So, I might have been a teeny tiny bit jealous. I mean, she had no noticeable stretch marks. And *I* had no stretch marks until my daughter decided to be stubborn and late. She didn't have a 6 pack, but her ab muscles were definitely there. I'm not sure if I have ab muscles anymore. I do have a nice cushion to hide them though- I see it as protection if nothing else. Pretty much, I wanted to poke her in the eye. And you know what's worse?? She's a really really nice young mom that I would love to hang out with.

So, I have decided that Mommy and Me classes should have a dress code of a MuMu. MuMus should be worn to protect the fragile self mirror image in another mommy's head. You think about this, while I sit here and eat my lunch and contemplate my dinner and dessert for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment