Wednesday, July 15, 2015

#5 is fine!

Welcome back to another StitchFix review! 


First things first, lets review that we will be moving and that means a NEW school to be cheering for on game days! Anchor Down, Vanderbilt University, here we come! So, I asked my stylist for clothing that would work for an SEC Football game. She definitely gave me some great options, so let's check them out! 

Time Out! If you don't love the SEC, then you might be a little lost in some of my post today- I apologize now! I am a HUGE Georgia Bulldogs fan, but now that we work for Vandy, I will proudly wear my black and gold! 

I LOVE this dress! I am keeping it, even though Houndstooth is a big Alabama print (Thank you Bear Bryant!) I still think it's a great option for game days and I can see myself wearing this with tights and boots later in the fall as well as with sandals or flip flops in the summer. It's lightweight and comfortable! LOVE!

 Collective Concepts Ash Houndstooth Dress  
I was SO excited about the shirt, but bummed about the jeans. In a previous Fix I had received a pair of Henry & Belle jeans and I had returned them. Yeah, they are nice, but they are PRICY. So, I was a little concerned about getting another pair. And once again, I was not blown away by these jeans. And you know what else? The pockets on the front are FAKE. Which means there is NO way I was going to like these jeans. They just aren't mom friendly. 

41Hawthorn Moni Abstract Chevron Stud Detail Blouse/ Henry & Belle Abana Ankle Length Skinny Jeans 
This top. Ya'll. I really want to love this top. I love the pattern. I love the gold studs. But I'm thinking the problem must be that I need a large and this was a medium. Sigh. I'm just not thrilled with the way the top pulls across the front and then it pulls on my arms funny. Worst part was it was hard for me to get off myself. :(  But it really is beautiful. Maybe I will request an exchange? 
Print of the 41Hawthorn Moni Abstract Chevron Stud Detail Blouse
But I FINALLY GOT MY EMER PANTS!!! I have seriously been upset at myself ever since my first Fix for sending back the Emer pants that I got in that box. They were plain black, so it wasn't what I was looking for long term... so it was the right decision. BUT. I wanted these pants. I'm SO incredibly excited to have them! They fit perfectly and they will be PERFECT for game days! I just need to find a cute gold top. Any suggestions? 
41Hawthorn Moni Abstract Chevron Stud Detail Blouse/ Margaret M Emer Printed Cropped Straight Leg Pants
Print of the Margaret M Emer Printed Cropped Straight Leg Pants
My stylist also sent me a beautiful necklace- which is hard for me to get past, because I really am more of a silver girl. But the Vandy colors are Black and Gold, so momma needs some gold jewelry! I dunno. I'm trying to decide on this... 
Bancroft Leighton Metal Bauble Necklace 

So, here it is! Fix #5! I really wish the jeans had been a more affordable pair, but even after my current credits and the "buy 5 discount" the total for this fix is $249.50. WAY more money than I'm ready to spend. So, I think I'll just be keeping the dress and the Emer pants! 

No comments:

Post a Comment